Banquet Assistant Manager, Cantigny
Position: Banquet Assistant Manager
Reports to: Banquet Manager
Located in Wheaton, Illinois, Cantigny Park is the former home of Colonel Robert McCormick, longtime editor and publisher of the Chicago Tribune. He left this 500 acre estate as a gift for community. Cantigny Park is home to the McCormick Museum, First Division Museum, spectacular gardens, picnic grounds, nature trails, a Visitors Center with banquet and dining facilities, educational and recreational programs and much more. Explore Cantigny at www.cantigny.org. Cantigny Golf, adjacent to the park, features a 27-hole championship golf course, full-service clubhouse with banquet and dining facilities, Cantigny Golf Academy and the 9-hole Cantigny Youth Links. Explore Cantigny Golf at www.cantignygolf.com.
Support banquet operation through administrative duties, operation management and sales.
- Administrative duties; typing, telephones, correspondence, maintain banquet calendars, database and hard copy files, etc., as required.
- Communicates banquet information internally through creation, distribution and editing of Banquet Event Orders and externally through contracts, letters and emails.
- Assist sales in promotion, booking catering events and provides site tours as needed.
- Assist Banquet Managers in placing orders to vendors, (cakes, linens, chairs, hotel, AV, etc.)
- Assists Banquet Managers in the operation of events and supervision of staff when required
- Assume all responsibilities of the Banquet Manager in his/her absence.
How to apply for this job:
- Bachelors or Associate Degree in Hospitality Management or the equivalent
- Dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficient in Microsoft products
- Strong typing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, detail orientated and capable of multitasking
- Restaurant and banquet experience preferred
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- Responsible Alcohol Service Training and Certification
- Ability to develop, motivate, mentor and coach
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Willing and able to work day and/or evening shifts as required
Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through this form