Steps for Applying for Journalism Program Funding
Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
Before submitting a proposal, organizations must submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) to the McCormick Foundation via our online Grant Request System.
Log onto the Grant Request System.
Considerations before you begin:
- To begin, you must have an account on the McCormick Grant Request System.
EXISTING USERS will use an existing McCormick Grant Request login and password. This is the same login and password used to complete year-end grant reports.
NEW USERS will need to create an account by entering an email address and creating a password.
- The application includes questions about the organization, the proposed project, need, budget, timeline and impact. It also addresses how the program fits into the Journalism Program’s guidelines.
- Letters of Inquiry for requests of more than $50,000 are due May 1 (or the first following business day if May 1 falls on a weekend/holiday). LOIs for grant requests of $50,000 or less are accepted throughout the year.
- Once your application has been received, you will receive a confirming email. Program staff will contact you via phone or email should we require more information about your application. If your project is selected to be considered for funding, we will request a full proposal. Visit the Full Proposal Requirements page for more information.
- If you have questions about the application system, contact Aaron Smith, Administrative Officer, at email@example.com.