The Chicago White Sox Community Fund is committed to assisting Chicagoans reach their full potential, with a focus on children and families most at risk. Grants are made to agencies serving one or more of the primary interest areas detailed below.
- Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment programs - intervention and resource delivery programs for children and families experiencing abuse and neglect. The category supports child, youth and family counseling, family support and home-visiting services.
- Health and Wellness programs - healthy lifestyles programs for at-risk youth, youth athletic programs that emphasize health and wellness, and nutrition and medical programs for low income children and families.
- Youth Education programs - academic enhancement programs for at-risk students and programs that support high scholastic achievement, completion of high school and entrance into post-secondary education programs. This includes recreation programs that tie participation to academics and track scholastic success.
Greater Chicago metropolitan region.
Applications are by invitation only.
Letters of Inquiry for the 2014 grantmaking cycle will be accepted between June 2, 2014 and July 15, 2014. Please see the primary interests of the Fund above before sending in a Letter of Inquiry.
Letters of Inquiry should include the following:
- Two page letter describing the agency, program, and target population. In the letter, please share how the program measures progress of participants, the measurement tools used, and the outcomes achieved during the last program year.
- Copy of the organization’s most recent audited financial statements
- IRS 501(c)(3) – most recent federal tax exempt determination letter
- A list of members of the board of directors of the organization, including principal business or professional affiliation of each. Addresses and phone numbers need not be included.
Letters of Inquiry will be accepted between June 2, 2014 and July 15, 2014. Please check back at that time for instructions on submitting the Letter of Inquiry to the Chicago White Sox Community Fund.
The McCormick Foundation does not make grants to programs that would financially benefit the Chicago White Sox.