Guidelines for Funding Consideration
Los Angeles Times Family Fund, a McCormick Foundation Fund, is committed to improving the community by supporting nonprofit agencies with education and literacy programs that serve disadvantaged children, youth, adults and families.
Funding consideration is given once per year to programs that meet the criteria below. Programs must demonstrate evidence of impact through measurable client outcomes. Read the foundation’s Program Evaluation Guide.
Los Angeles Times Summer Camp Campaign (Child/Youth Education)
Letter of Inquiry
Grant Application Process for Summer Camp Campaign
- The Letter of Inquiry process is closed for the 2015 and 2016 grant dockets.
- If your agency received a grant in 2015 for Child and Youth Education Summer Camp, the McCormick Foundation will automatically transmit a 2016 grant application to your agency, in late November (unless otherwise notified).
- If your agency received a transition grant in 2015 or earlier, the agency's program is ineligible for future funding consideration.
Eligible organizations/programs will:
- Have 501(c)3 federal tax-exempt status
- Demonstrate one full year of program services and outcomes
- Demonstrate a strong financial position
- Serve residents in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties
- Report strong measurable outcomes and meet grantmaking criteria in one funding area
Ineligible funding requests include:
- Capital campaigns or endowments or other reserve funds
- Public or private schools
- Government agencies
- Programs that do not fit funding guidelines or grantmaking strategies
Funding Area and Grantmaking Strategies
Camp programs or organizations that provide low-income children and youth ages 7-17 with camp experiences. All include an educational, academic or literacy component to provide kids with age-appropriate opportunities to have fun while also retaining and expanding upon school-year learning.
If you have any grantmaking questions, please contact: Molly Baltman.
If you have any administrative or process questions, please contact: Krista Dimberg.
The McCormick Foundation does not make grants to organizations or programs that would financially benefit Tribune Company or any of its subsidiaries.